This match is "Inspired by Mille Bornes", the classic family card game. But in this game there are no speed limits, no road hazards and no remedies. Just get a green light and start racking up the mileage.
Course of fire:
Download and print target here. Size check - the 25 mile card is 3" diameter.
Pistols: 10 yds or range minimum which ever is greater. Standing unsupported, one or two hands. No time limit.
Rifles may be shot any position including off the bench, but rests such as sandbags and bi-pods are disallowed. The fore end of the rifle must be supported by the offhand elbow. No time limit.
- Rimfire, both iron sights and scope: 25 yards.
- Centerfire iron sight: 50 yards
- Centerfire scope: 100 yards
Ties will be broken by number of high scoring cards (1x 200 > 2x 100).
Shoot as many times as you like with as many weapons as you can lay your grubby hands on.
Classes: You got it? shoot it and we'll find a place to record the score. (I reserve the right to draw the line at tater-guns & scatter guns).
- .177 cal air pistol, iron sights (air or C02 powered)
- .177 cal air pistol, optic sights (air or C02 powered)
- .17/.22 cal rim fire pistol, iron sights
- .17/.22 cal rim fire pistol, magnified optical sights
- center fire pistol, iron sights
- center fire pistol, magnified optic sights
- .17/.22 cal rim fire rifle iron sights (25 yds)
- .17/.22 cal rim fire rifle magnified optic sights (25 yds)
- center fire rifle iron sights (50 yds)
- center fire rifle magnified optic sights (100 yds)
- other (anything that doesn't fit the above categories)
Score submissions: scan/photograph your target, fill in the gun info (make & model & caliber), distance, class, on-line identity (name/pseudonym as you want it on the score sheets, blog reference for linky love ) however you want to be remembered on the score sheets... email to SandCastleScrolls-at-msn-dot-com.