19 May 2012

Sooooo true

Every now and then I come across something and think "Gee, I wish I'd written that."  This was the third time

Just to be clear, I did not create this.  I wish I knew who to credit for the work. 
If I had created this, Cel 5 would feature an SR-71, but that's just me.  I can see the P-51 attraction.

If there is one quibble with it, it's Cel 4 and it largely depends on who does the work.  In my experience there is little relationship between the quality of the work and price charged.  I have seen all four quadrants:  High quality, Low cost;  Low Quality, High Cost; and the inverses of each.  The "low quality" half is too expensive no matter the dollar amount.  I just want the quality and will pay the price whatever is asked.  Fortunately the guy I'm working with now is in the High quality/low cost corner.

And the Champ in the last cel is classic.  If you haven't flown one, you owe it to yourself.  Go get an hour instruction today.  It will be money well spent.  Great airplanes.  The only down side to the one we had were the straight pipes off the engine (no mufflers and fatigue-ing-ly loud).  That and heel brakes (WTF were they thinking?)

H/T to On a Wing and a Whim which you will now find linked to the left under "Daily Reads".

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Nah, cel 5 is PERFECT :-) Just sayin... And agree on all the other comments. You get what you pay for!