A stake was hammered in the ground several months back. Your humble host brushed the issue the costs of attending GBR aside and bellowed "I AM GOING THIS YEAR". TSM Kevin heard my bellow and the offer of a 3-ish hour trip instead of a 15 hour drive sounded like a good deal.
We fired up the #1 engine at 10:27 local and shut them down 3:26 later on the ramp at Carson City. (note flight time is not the same as engine time. Engine time includes taxi time at each end while flight time if from take off to landing.)
A frequent question following any flight is "So, how was the flight?"
The best answer is "uneventful" and most of the time, flying in the desert SouthWest, "uneventful" is appropriate. But here at the tail end of thunderstorm season, the forecast for "ISOL -SHRA" to "WDLY SCT -SHRA/-TSRA" (isolated light rain showers to widely scattered light rain showers.-light thunderstorms and rain). The key words there are "isolated" and "widely scattered". I read that to mean "I can fly around them". The plan was to fly up late morning and complete the flight before the afternoon thunderstorms fire off.
So the flight was "eventful" in an expected exercise of constant weather evaluation and plan B re-evaluation. The plane got a couple light rain washes on the way up, enough to clean the dust but not the bugs. Perhaps we should call this "safe, within expected paramters".
Dinner was a nice buffet with several people that will soon migrate to the "blogger's I have met" column. I sense this will be a bad week for the diet.
Range day tomorrow, Wish you were here!
PS.. Thanks to Boomershoot Joe for test driving the QR code on the card.