Ooooh... I could have a re-loading station and a de-loading station! Would that be awesome or what? Merle - I like the way you think!
Good question.. I'll have to look into it. There is certainly room. It would have to be underground to make absolutely sure nothing leaves the property. Probably could do a 25 yard range.. We'd have to look into all the legalities & environmental requirements (sound absorption, ventilation, lead capture, safety features, etc.)
And I vaguely recall reading a story about the mayor of the town had a range in his house. So it must be possible.. But is it possible for someone without a title of "Mr. Mayor"?
Update on the offer to buy: We walked away.
Poking around on Zillow, I found another property that is newer, bigger both in lot size & house size, further off the beaten path and only two miles away for about the same $$$ we'd be into the property we'd offered on.. Thus we decided even what we offered was too high. We are a long way apart.
We looked at the larger property today. I found a lot to like, but there are some real WTFs.
- No hand rails on the stairs
- The pictures on Zillow & MLS showed the outside of the house as a dark blue. If it's a blue, it's the naviest Navy Blue I've ever seen. Pretty much black. Who paints a house black in the desert?
- Updated (marble) kitchen & master bath, but still had the Tract-home tub/shower.
- The swimming pool was 50% larger than my first house (>1800 ft^2 surface). Too Big!
- The patio seemed built on a 12/15" thick pad and with an odd cut out in the tile as if there was going to be an outdoor kitchen. Why?
In the end the SandCastle Queen said "no". We are in no hurry to move so we can wait for the right deal. Time is on our side. We bought this house because it's close to the $DayJob. Will we want to remain here after retirement? Not here, but do we even want to live in the area? I don't know.