17 August 2008

Now that's a "Liner"

I visited the range to work on conquering a flinch and shoot a class 3 entry to Ahab's ePostal contest. Three of the shots ended up on the line. Two of these obviously count. The third is pretty much about as "liner" as possible. I've looked at it under magnification and scanned the attached image at 600dpi. I do not see a white line between the black of the target and the black mark of the bullet so I scored the shot as a hit.

Again, subject to review/veto of the contest master.

Meanwhile Midway is shipping out SR-1 targets for Sebastian's Summer rifle match.
(Update- corrected link to the Summer Rifle match).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think most of us use the same standard: When I'm hosting a match, anything that is questionable goes in the shooter's favor.

If I would have to look at it under magnification to tell, it's a hit.

This isn't olympic level shooting and there are no prizes or money involved so there's no harm in giving the benefit of the doubt to the shooter in a close call.

danno said...

Thanks for your support SailorCurt! I think that is a sensible policy for a contest master to have, but I think most of us hold ourselves to a higher standard.

We don't want to claim something we did not earn. I vaguely recall a post from last years series about a contestant who was overly conservative in their claims. I'm not quite that conservative, but I'll claim what I think is earned and post the close calls in the open.

And the word of the contest master is the last word. There is no argument.

As you say, this is all in fun and there is no need to get worked up over anything (oops, too late ;-).

danno said...

Update -

Driving back to work, it occurred to me the previously vague posting might be yours. Sure 'nuff: http://haloscan.com/tb/sailorcurt/1962280669953720766