20 July 2015

A good start?

or an odd case of hoarding, or making his mark for the title in the "he who dies with the best toys..." contest.  I hope and trust these were all acquired and owned legally.  But this being CA, I'm never entirely sure my No.2 pencil is entirely legal at any given time.

The ~1200 guns & 2 tons of ammo tops the SandCastle armory by a long ways!  I admire the spirit.

Still... The SandCastle armory (which doesn't hold a candle to this "collection") has more than one weapon that has been never fired [by me] (Whether that is because of recency of acquisition or some other reason is left as an exercise to the reader).  Either way, I respect that too.  I hope you have some heirs and/or a clear will specifying the disposition of the collection.  It'd be a shame to let the state a) profit from your demise, or b) the bigger shame of letting the state reduce them to scrap.


3 comments:

Merle said...

Since it is CA, I'm sure they'll find some excuse to destroy them. :(

Merle

DocRambo said...

You know, I'm not that big a hoarder, but I'll bet my ammo for my rifles (6) and pistols (7) weight close to a ton; 40 50 cal ammo cans that weigh 30+ # each, plus several cases of shotgun shells, .223, 9 mm, and pretty soon you're talking a weighty supply of fodder for the range. Friend of mine who collects machine guns has quite a supply of belted rounds, and I'll bet he has way over four tons of ammo. Anyone with 1200 firearms is bound to have a significant supply, so it isn't so surprising to see that poundage.

DocRambo said...

Forget it.