25 April 2014

NRA AM day 1

1st day on the floor at NRA Annual Meeting.

Met up with old friends & met some new ones.  Spent the day walking the floor.  I'd thought I saw most of it, but reviewing the SCSon's photos, I've missed a couple spots.

The show floor is a mind-numbing array with yet another AR builder/AK shotty glock parts booth.

A couple things caught my eye though.  An AR builder with an eye to the 3-gun market offers ARs with anodized barrels.  Turns out they are just up the road from the SandCastle.  The colorful anodization helps to identify "your" gun in a rack of near-identical rifles.

I need a new forestock for a recently purchased shotgun because the holding screws are stripped.  The manufacturer would fix it under warranty but to do so will require sending it back to the factory and being without the shotty for several months.  In reality, just purchasing the part will be less than the price of one way shipping so I'd rather just buy the part and put on myself.  Talked to the good folks at Brownells and they suggest a reasonable course of action.

Med class Sat AM & more Sunday.

No comments: