09 February 2011

Top Shot season 2 debut

Season two kicked off tonight.   It kicks off much harder than season one.  More on shooting and less "getting to know you, getting to know all about you..."   I'm sure we'll get to that later.  Looks like a solid field.

Nice start to see the "best" shooters choose teams grade school kickball style.  Though I wonder if Mr. Lim's shot was luck or skill.  I'm in solid agreement... once is luck, twice is skill.  They started down this path but we didn't see the result which makes me wonder if his second shot wasn't a miss [terminating that story line].

Glad to see more "Tara's" this season.  On average, what the fairer sex seems to lack in aggression, they make up in patience and dexterity (though this field is far above "on average").    Sorry to see the wimmenfolk selected at the bottom of the field.  Just doesn't look good.

While I agree with Mr Reed's "I'll take any 7 of the remaining 14 against the rest.  They all earned their spots here" at a gut level, I'd like to think in their shoes, I'd take after Mr. Lim's methodical attempt to build a balanced team.  

BassProShops is obviously a sponsor.  Welcome!  I hope you find your sponsorship profitable!  What do you have available in magnum calibers? (I'm in the market).

$2k card for each challenge win.  Nice touch.  But I bet Kelly is wondering "WhereTF were you last season?"  He'd have made a nice sideline last season.  How many challenges did he win? At least 4 IIRC.

Mr. Lim so far is listed only as a "golf pro" and future highlights hint at discord within the ranks.  I wonder what kind of "underdog creds" we'll see from him and from Ms. "guess no one wants me" last chosen.

Who doesn't love an underdog story?  Good start to the season!

No comments: