03 December 2015

Amazon -> U ROCK!

I'm sick of dealing with UPS.  I'm done with them.  Got on live chat with Amazon and explained the problem, asking them to start a trace with UPS.

He said "No problem.  We'll refund the original order, then have you re-order with the fastest shipping option and we will waive the shipping fees."

OK, that's not quite what I had in mind but it achieves the goal.

I re-ordered with the fastest service, same day delivery.  Sent the order # to the Amazon guy.  Fees were waived and I had the order by 6pm.

Amazon, You Rock!

FDA disclaimer - The AtoZ company paid me nothing for this post.They don't even know I put it on the web.  They didn't ask and I didn't tell.  The comped shipping was to make sure I got my order when Big Brown effed it up.

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Amazon has the best customer service!