20 March 2010

Hmmmm......

The "Cleaning my gun and it went off" story might be a bit hard to sell when the bullet goes through a window and hits your wife in the head...

I really hate to see stories like this here and here.

You can bet there will be additional questions...

I doubt he intended to shoot his wife. But I'll bet he thought it was unloaded, put the sights on her head and pulled the trigger. I hope he can live with himself and look their kids in the eyes.

These "Accidents" are easy to avoid with The four simple rules:
1. Guns are always loaded.
2. Never point a gun at something you do not intend to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
Click here for more information.

PS... I know posting the four rules here is preaching to the choir, but on the chance that someone will stumble on this post while searching this situation, I'll waste the bytes.

No comments: